By Don Hoppert
[APHA Government Relations Director]
Dear Dr. David E. Marcinko,
Sen. Tom Udall, D-N.M., and Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard, D-Calif., are joining the audacious goal of creating the healthiest nation in one generation by introducing resolutions recognizing National Public Health Week and the importance of public health in our daily lives in supporting a strong, healthy nation.
While resolutions, such as the NPHW resolution, do not become laws, they function as statements of intent for Congress. This is an excellent opportunity to encourage your members of Congress to acknowledge the importance of public health, and potentially pave the way for additional support on other public health issues.
Note that the following representatives have already committed to joining the resolution as original co-sponsors:
• Rep. Rob Wittman, R-Va.
• Rep. Gene Green, D-Texas
• Rep. Jim McGovern, D-Mass.
Your thoughts and comments on this ME-P are appreciated. Feel free to review our top-left column, and top-right sidebar materials, links, URLs and related websites, too. Then, subscribe to the ME-P. It is fast, free and secure.
Speaker: If you need a moderator or speaker for an upcoming event, Dr. David E. Marcinko; MBA – Publisher-in-Chief of the Medical Executive-Post – is available for seminar or speaking engagements. Contact: MarcinkoAdvisors@msn.com
OUR OTHER PRINT BOOKS AND RELATED INFORMATION SOURCES:
- PRACTICES: www.BusinessofMedicalPractice.com
- HOSPITALS: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466558731
- CLINICS: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439879900
- ADVISORS: www.CertifiedMedicalPlanner.org
- FINANCE: Financial Planning for Physicians and Advisors
- INSURANCE: Risk Management and Insurance Strategies for Physicians and Advisors
- Dictionary of Health Economics and Finance
- Dictionary of Health Information Technology and Security
- Dictionary of Health Insurance and Managed Care