Paper is Safer!
“Ransomware Attacks Can’t Hide from HIPAA Anymore – Hospital and health system executives are on notice: Come clean about ransomware attacks as early as possible or be prepared to face sanctions.”
By Scott Mace, for HealthLeaders Media, July 19, 2016.
Dean Sittig, a clinical informatics professor at University of Texas Health Science Center and the Houston UT-Memorial Hermann Center for Health Care Quality and Safety, tells HealthLeaders,
“The new HHS guidance is going to really ratchet up people’s attention, because now you’re also talking about big fines from the government, as well as the effects of the ransomware.”
Show Me the Money?
“Survey: Nearly Three Quarters of Physicians Say They Haven’t Seen ROI From Electronic Records.”
By Matt Goodman: [Dallas/Fort Worth Healthcare Daily, July 21, 2016]
Your thoughts and comments on this ME-P are appreciated. Feel free to review our top-left column, and top-right sidebar materials, links, URLs and related websites, too. Then, subscribe to the ME-P. It is fast, free and secure.
Speaker: If you need a moderator or speaker for an upcoming event, Dr. David E. Marcinko; MBA – Publisher-in-Chief of the Medical Executive-Post – is available for seminar or speaking engagements. Contact: MarcinkoAdvisors@msn.com
OUR OTHER PRINT BOOKS AND RELATED INFORMATION SOURCES:
- PRACTICES: www.BusinessofMedicalPractice.com
- HOSPITALS: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466558731
- CLINICS: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439879900
- ADVISORS: www.CertifiedMedicalPlanner.org
- FINANCE: Financial Planning for Physicians and Advisors
- INSURANCE: Risk Management and Insurance Strategies for Physicians and Advisors
- Dictionary of Health Economics and Finance
- Dictionary of Health Information Technology and Security
- Dictionary of Health Insurance and Managed Care