ALL NEW AND IMPROVED STUDY GUIDE SOFTWARE !
As we complete our first quarter-century of service to the podiatric community, it is only fitting to update our colleagues of the extreme changes taking place in the individual board exam testing space.
Some of these changes are perfunctory with little practical impact; while others are so profound as to cause extreme consternation in the practitioner community writ-large.
- FROM: American Board of Podiatric Surgery -TO- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery.
- FROM: American Board of Primary Podiatric Medicine and Orthopedics -TO- American Board of Foot and Ankle Medicine and Orthopedics.
- FROM: ORAL questions -TO- “oral” computerized Clinical Pathology Conference-like queries
- FROM: American Board of Podiatric Medical Specialities -TO- American Board of Medical Specialities, in Podiatry.
- FROM: Non-Competitive MOC Exams -TO-Competitive MOC Re-Cert Tests.
- FROM: Solely DPM crafted exams to professional psychometric designs by PhDs, computer scientists, and E.Eds.
ABPS Statistics: ABPS Statistics
- The Surgery Certification and Qualification tests now rely less on rote memorization and more on applied cognitive content, and may be very different from any other test you have ever taken, to date [ie., multiple choice or fill-in-the-blank].
- The Primary Medicine and Orthopedics Certification and Qualification tests now rely less on rote memorization and more on applied cognitive content, and may be very different from any test you have ever taken, to date [ie., multiple choice or fill-in-the-blank].
- Traditional human ORAL questions have been usurped by [non-human] computerized Clinical Pathology Conference [CPC] queries; AKA: Computer Based Testing [CBT] or Clinical Scenario Questions [CSQs].
- American Board of Medical Specialities now includes over a dozen general categories; including podiatry.
- The Re-Certification tests for Maintenance of Certification [MOC] now rely much less on rote memory, as in the past; and more on deeply experiential content. It is also becoming more competitive, to-date.
- So-called “wrong” questions by-design are called psychological “stressor questions” and are used to evoke emotional volatility and waste precious time. So, BEWARE!. Moreover; the so-called “points-to-pass” AND “points-to-fail” philosophy may be re-emerging.
More Here: FARC Promo.Psychometrics
This is the dynamic PODIATRY PREP difference [Unique Competitive Advantage] between our customized Study Guide File Programs with customized board exam preparation content, and the static general “off-shelf” books or Web guides of the past; and/or traditional CEU educational seminars.
SAMPLE QUESTIONS: Traditional Rote ISTITUTIONAL RESIDENCY Questions versus Experiential and Cognitive Styled INDIVIDUAL PRACTITIONER [CBT/CBS] Formats
Part I Sample Dr. Free QAs Traditional Gen 1.0 Rote Memory [residents]
CBT-CPC Styled Med-Ortho Qs – Dr. Sample Gen 2.0 Cognitive [practitioners]
PRACTITIONERS: Be sure to specify the target exam and customize your own personal study guide, today.