What is the Point?
At the ME-P, we love to educate and learn. So, here they are in brief.
In the Beginning
St. Patrick’s Day started out as a religious feast holiday celebrating the life of St. Patrick, a Christian missionary from Britain who is credited with bringing Christianity to Ireland.
Now, it’s a hodgepodge of non-religious celebrations of Irish culture, folklore and superstition. Oh, and let’s not forget [responsible] drinking.
At the very least, you’re supposed to wear green, the national color of Ireland. If you want to get more involved, you could join one of hundreds of parades nationwide. The largest St. Patrick’s Day parade in the world is in New York City, with 150,000 marchers in a typical year. Other popular activities involve dyeing things green … everything from pancakes and beer to the Chicago River and the White House fountain.
Channel Surfing the ME-P
Have you visited our other topic channels? Established to facilitate idea exchange and link our community together, the value of these topics is dependent upon your input. Please take a minute to visit. And, to prevent that annoying spam, we ask that you register. It is fast, free and secure.
Your thoughts and comments on this ME-P are appreciated. Feel free to review our top-left column, and top-right sidebar materials, links, URLs and related websites, too. Then, subscribe to the ME-P. It is fast, free and secure.
Speaker: If you need a moderator or speaker for an upcoming event, Dr. David E. Marcinko; MBA – Publisher-in-Chief of the Medical Executive-Post – is available for seminar or speaking engagements. Contact: MarcinkoAdvisors@msn.com
OUR OTHER PRINT BOOKS AND RELATED INFORMATION SOURCES:
- PRACTICES: www.BusinessofMedicalPractice.com
- HOSPITALS: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466558731
- CLINICS: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439879900
- ADVISORS: www.CertifiedMedicalPlanner.org
- FINANCE: Financial Planning for Physicians and Advisors
- INSURANCE: Risk Management and Insurance Strategies for Physicians and Advisors
- Dictionary of Health Economics and Finance
- Dictionary of Health Information Technology and Security
- Dictionary of Health Insurance and Managed Care