By Pamela Wible MD
HOW YOU CAN STOP THESE SUICIDES:
1) Physician Suicide Etiquette: What to do when your doctor dies suddenly http://www.idealmedicalcare.org/blog/…
2) Physician Suicide 101: Secrets, Lies & Solutions
3) Join the ideal medical care movement: http://www.idealmedicalcare.org/sign-…
This summer I did the ice bucket challenge.
But I’m challenged by another disease.
A disease so scary people won’t say it out loud.
A disease so frightening that doctors are afraid to talk about it.
A disease so feared that physicians falsify death certificates,
families deny the cause of death,
and most victims’ names are hidden for eternity.
Every year we lose over 400 doctors to suicide.
That’s like an entire medical school—gone.
I was suicidal. I survived.
But I lost both men I dated in med school to suicide.
And 3 doctors in my town in just over a year to suicide.
Each year over 1 million Americans will lose their doctors to suicide.
These are just the physician suicides I heard about this year.
Fully transcribed here: http://www.idealmedicalcare.org/blog/…
Director of Photography: GeVe.
Voiceover: Pamela Wible, MD.
Cello: Pamela Wible, MD
Your thoughts and comments on this ME-P are appreciated. Feel free to review our top-left column, and top-right sidebar materials, links, URLs and related websites, too. Then, subscribe to the ME-P. It is fast, free and secure.
Speaker: If you need a moderator or speaker for an upcoming event, Dr. David E. Marcinko; MBA – Publisher-in-Chief of the Medical Executive-Post – is available for seminar or speaking engagements. Contact: MarcinkoAdvisors@msn.com
OUR OTHER PRINT BOOKS AND RELATED INFORMATION SOURCES:
- PRACTICES: www.BusinessofMedicalPractice.com
- HOSPITALS: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466558731
- CLINICS: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439879900
- ADVISORS: www.CertifiedMedicalPlanner.org
- FINANCE: Financial Planning for Physicians and Advisors
- INSURANCE: Risk Management and Insurance Strategies for Physicians and Advisors
- Dictionary of Health Economics and Finance
- Dictionary of Health Information Technology and Security
- Dictionary of Health Insurance and Managed Care