The IRS Announces Major Changes
By Children’s Home Society of Florida Foundation
In IR 2012 77 (18 Oct 2012), the IRS announced multiple pension adjustments for 2013:
1. Elective Deferral – An individual with a 401(k) or 403(b) plan may defer income up to $17,500.
2. Catch-Up Contributions – Individuals age 50 and older may contribute an additional amount of $5,500 to a 401(k) or 403(b).
3. IRA Phase-Out – Contributions to a traditional IRA are phased out for individuals with a workplace retirement plan and modified adjusted gross incomes from $59,000 to $69,000. For married couples where the contributing spouse is covered by a workplace retirement plan, the phase-out range is $95,000 to $115,000. If the married couple IRA owner is not covered by a workplace plan, the phase-out range is $178,000 to $188,000.
4. Roth IRA Contributions – Taxpayers who are married may make Roth IRA contributions with a phase-out AGI of $178,000 to $188,000. Singles and heads of household have a phase-out range of $112,000 to $127,000.
Your thoughts and comments on this ME-P are appreciated. Feel free to review our top-left column, and top-right sidebar materials, links, URLs and related websites, too. Then, subscribe to the ME-P. It is fast, free and secure.
Speaker: If you need a moderator or speaker for an upcoming event, Dr. David E. Marcinko; MBA – Publisher-in-Chief of the Medical Executive-Post – is available for seminar or speaking engagements. Contact: MarcinkoAdvisors@msn.com
OUR OTHER PRINT BOOKS AND RELATED INFORMATION SOURCES:
- DICTIONARIES: http://www.springerpub.com/Search/marcinko
- PHYSICIANS: www.MedicalBusinessAdvisors.com
- PRACTICES: www.BusinessofMedicalPractice.com
- HOSPITALS: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466558731
- CLINICS: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439879900
- ADVISORS: www.CertifiedMedicalPlanner.org
- BLOG: www.MedicalExecutivePost.com
- FINANCE: Financial Planning for Physicians and Advisors
- INSURANCE: Risk Management and Insurance Strategies for Physicians and Advisors