About the Management Process
[By Staff Reporters]
Our healthcare referral system is broken, according to Referral MD. The firm reviews some of the key factors that contribute to this system.
The Paper Trail
The following infographic highlights a key pain point in the healthcare referral system management process that despite healthcare providers adopting an EMR system, they are still utilizing paper.
A large percentage of processes in healthcare involve documents and forms that must be scanned and stored outside their existing EMR system such as records from referring physicians, patient consent forms, patient instructions, insurance authorization, etc.
With so much paper still floating around, opportunities for HIPAA violations increase with as high as 86% of mistakes made in the healthcare industry stem from administrative activities.
Your thoughts and comments on this ME-P are appreciated. Feel free to review our top-left column, and top-right sidebar materials, links, URLs and related websites, too. Then, subscribe to the ME-P. It is fast, free and secure.
Speaker: If you need a moderator or speaker for an upcoming event, Dr. David E. Marcinko; MBA – Publisher-in-Chief of the Medical Executive-Post – is available for seminar or speaking engagements. Contact: MarcinkoAdvisors@msn.com
OUR OTHER PRINT BOOKS AND RELATED INFORMATION SOURCES:
- PRACTICES: www.BusinessofMedicalPractice.com
- HOSPITALS: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466558731
- CLINICS: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439879900
- ADVISORS: www.CertifiedMedicalPlanner.org
- FINANCE: Financial Planning for Physicians and Advisors
- INSURANCE: Risk Management and Insurance Strategies for Physicians and Advisors
- Dictionary of Health Economics and Finance
- Dictionary of Health Information Technology and Security
- Dictionary of Health Insurance and Managed Care